What Must the Patent Application Contain?
The patent application must contain:
- a request for grant of a patent;
- a description – clear and detailed disclosure of the invention in a manner that can be carried out by an expert in the related state of the art;
- patent claims – clearly and concisely defining the subject matter and scope of the invention requested to be protected;
- drawings – where an invention is such as to be suitable for representation by drawings;
- an abstract – a brief abstract of the essence of the invention for the purpose of providing technical information.
Detailed instructions on how to prepare each of these parts in accordance with the regulations of the country in which you are applying for a patent can be found in the relevant competent office.