What are related rights?
Related rights are the rights related to copyright, that have their special subject matter of protection, which is mainly related to copyright works. These rights are called the rights related to copyright or simply related rights, or the rights neighbouring to copyright or simply neighbouring rights.
Pursuant to the Copyright and Related Rights Act, related rights are:
- right of performers in their performances;
- right of producers of phonograms in their phonograms;
- right of audiovisual producers in their videograms;
- right of broadcasting organisations in their programme signals;
- right of publishers of press publications in their press publications;
- right of producers of non-original databases in their non-original databases;
- right of publishers in their written editions.